[libvirt] create domain for existing xp image

Gunnar Thielebein gunnar_thielebein at gmx.net
Wed May 13 15:27:50 UTC 2009

I want to create a domain for an existing xp machine via virt-install.
The command is taken from this wiki article
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/QEMUSwitchToLibvirt:

> virt-install --accelerate --hvm --connect qemu:///system -n xp -r 512
> --cdrom=/dev/null --file=WinXP.img --vnc --noautoconsole --os-type
> windows --os-variant winxp --force
When I start and connect I see message:
> We apologize for the inconvenience,
> A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
When I look at the features I saw that it lacks acpi so it changes image
HAL table. Is it intentional missing for that os/variant?