[libvirt] USB device with product id 0x0000

André Welter a.r.welter at gmx.de
Fri May 15 21:58:35 UTC 2009

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this list and I joined because I stumbled upon a problem I
could not find mentioned anywhere.

I have a usb device (a bluetooth dongle) that reports a product id of
0x0000. When I try to attach this to a domain I get a "missing product"
error.

I checked the sources (0.6.3) and found in domain_conf.c lines 1645
following a check for a product id different from 0. If I remove this
check and recompile everything works fine. I can attach the device to
the virtual machine and it is recognized.

I don't know the background of this check and if disabling it has any
negative consequences so I would be happy about any comments.

Regards

André