[libvirt] Works: libvirt client on OS X 10.5.6

Schley Andrew Kutz sakutz at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:07:37 UTC 2009

I didn't see your earlier response on those. As for WEXITSTATUS I have
no idea why it broke, but as it always compared it to Zero anyway, I
just short circuited the evaluation. The MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is a
different kind of issue. The libraries that libvirt links to, gnutls
and its dependencies, are apparently hard-wired to use OS X 10.4,
which doesn't define the symbol UNX2003. When I compile libvirt
manually, it is linking to 10.5, and because of this, it expects
itself and its dependencies to know about UNX2003 -- which they don't.
So I built libvirt at a 10.4 level instead of 10.5 rather than build
all of its dependencies by hand (MacPorts is sort of like apt-get or
yum -- except it allows OS X devs to easily install Unix tools on
their Macs).

--
-a

"Ideally, a code library must be immediately usable by naive
developers, easily customized by more sophisticated developers, and
readily extensible by experts." -- L. Stein