[libvirt] HELP: after host upgrade to F11, guest runs extremely slow

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sat May 23 19:43:12 UTC 2009

I upgraded the host from F10 to F11 (x86_64) with no issues.  Now when I
start a F10 (i386) guest it runs very very slow.  I also see messages on
the guest boot console about "clocksource tsc unstable" and some kernel
oops.  Once it got far enough to start network I logged in and checked
the clocksource and it currently is 'acpi_pm' even though the kernel
line says clocksource=pit.  The available clocksources are acpi_pm,
jiffies, and tsc.  I do not see 'pit' in the list.  How do I fix this issue?

Regards,
Gerry