[libvirt] Re: BUG REPORT: -net tap, fd=X does not work correctly in kvm-86

Josh Wilsdon joshw at layerboom.com
Sat May 23 22:14:11 UTC 2009

>> When I built a fresh version of kvm-86 this
>> stopped working with an error:
>>
>> qemu: invalid parameter '15' in 'fd=15,script=,vlan=0,ifname=vnet0'
>>

> It's a libvirt bug.  script and ifname have never been valid parameters for
> -net tap.  Historically, -net has ignored unknown options but recently, it
> now throws an error when encountering an unsupported option.

Anthony,

Thanks for your reply!

I made some modifications to libvirt last night, to have it not send
in the two parameters you mentioned (script= and ifname=) and indeed,
I was able to create the VM without any modifications to kvm.  I am
still having some other issues with migration, but I believe these to
also be related to the way libvirt is accessing kvm and will try to
look into these separately.  I see that there are some changes with
regard to the qemu parameters since the last libvirt release, so I'll
see if the development version fixes these issues.

- Josh

--
Josh Wilsdon
LayerBoom Systems