[libvirt] timing issues of calling virsh on the command line

David Wilcox davidvsthegiant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:24:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've encountered some concurrency issues when calling virsh in a script. If
I try to restore a VM too soon after it's been saved, libvirtd will stop
responding. As well, if I try to save a VM too soon after it's been
restored, libvirtd will stop responding.

At the moment, I am not using any type of wait in my program for virsh to
come back. I merely let the system call run its course and I assume that
virsh will return when it's done waiting.

Is there any type of wait that needs to occur in order to avoid these
concurrency issues?

Thanks,
David