[libvirt] Mounting a bare-metal folder as a drive

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Wed Nov 11 20:26:43 UTC 2009

> I'm attempting to ad a folder located on the bare-metal machine to the VM
and have it
> appear as a drive (such as HDD), is this possible?  I've looked over the
documentation and it suggests this is only possible for USB

The RHEL Virtualization Guide says you can do it by creating a sparse file:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Virtualiz
ation_Guide/sect-Virtualization-Virtualized_block_devices-Adding_storage_dev
ices_to_guests.html

    Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net