[libvirt] migration: qemu vs. qemu+tcp at virsh vs. libvirt-java

Thomas Treutner thomas at scripty.at
Mon Nov 16 05:33:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having a little problem when triggering (live) migration from libvirt-java
(libvirt.so at client is approx. 0.7.1), I get an error that the qemu://
driver for migration URIs is not supported, only qemu+tcp://

Strange thing is, with virsh at the same client (same libvirt.so), qemu://
works. Interestingly, the error message seems to come from libvirt.so and not
libvirt-java.

I'd like to avoid maintaining two different URIs/drivers for normal
connections and migration destinations, especially as it works flawlessly
(and fast!) with virsh?

Has anyone clues where this twisted-mind behaviour could come from?

kr,
tom