[libvirt] Update libvirt API and refs XML files

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 11:33:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:32:51PM +0200, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> Matthias Bolte wrote:
> > Commit 47c8709564ac3f2ec5b4a3830ac213e69b4a44d5 "Fix up a few typos in
> > the tree" triggered changes in docs/libvirt-api.xml and
> > docs/libvirt-refs.xml. The attached patch contains this changes.
> >
> > The files docs/libvirt-api.xml and docs/libvirt-refs.xml are generated
> > by apibuild.py, why are this generated files under version control?
>
> Yeah, I've been running into this too.  I think we should remove those files
> from version control, personally.

  I don't care about docs/libvirt-refs.xml, but I would prefer to keep
docs/libvirt-api.xml in the tree for the reasons exposed during the big
reshuffling.
  The problem is that now this is systematically rebuilt on make
while it used to be rebuilt only on a specific "make rebuild" target
in doc, this was done for example on "make dist", this is why so many
people start to see diffs.
  I would really prefer to go back to the old way of only building it
when needed instead of systematically, this would avoid the problem
most people are facing while still allow me to monitor closely changes
to the generated API.