[libvirt] getting notified of events

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 16:29:25 UTC 2009

I am trying to understand how to use the virEvent* API.
I've built latest libvirt (with "Fix emission of domain events messages"
commit) and run the domain-events example.

events-c gives me mostly silence. nothing is printed when a domain
changes state.

events-python is more bizarre: it prints a line on every event - except
for the first one, where "Updating Timeout 0 0
Poll sleep 1" is printed. Only when the second event occurs, does the
callback for the first event gets executed.

What am I missing?
Could someone more familiar take a look?

Regards,

Dan.