[Libcg-devel] [libvirt]: Not able to login to container when cgroup is enabled

Rishikesh risrajak at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 13 05:57:10 UTC 2009

Rishikesh wrote:
> Hi daniel,
>
> Sorry for late response, was busy with some other high priority task.
>
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 08:12:02PM +0530, Dhaval Giani wrote:
>>
>> The most likely suspect is that the cgroups controllers were mounted or
>> unmounted after libvirtd started. A restart of libvirtd ought to resolve
>> the problem if this is indeed the case

Ok, Here i tried one more scenario, i think this is what you meant:

1> Stop libvirtd
2> Run cgroup " /etc/init.d/cgconfig start"
3> Start libvirtd
4> And then try to create a container.

Though above steps are also failing. But now i am getting some different
failure.  I am not seeing the earlier warning messages. You can see
below on shell 1.

My previous post was following this steps:
1> Run cgroup once again
2> service libvirtd restart
3> Create a container

Here are the different error which i am getting:
Shell:1

[root at mhs21a ~]# libvirtd
libvir: Linux Container error : failed to connect to client socket: No
such file or directory
11:17:36.743: error : lxcVmStart:1007 : Failed to read pid file
/var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such file or directory
libvir: Linux Container error : Failed to read pid file
/var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such file or directory

Shell 2:

[root at mhs21a ~]# vim /etc/cgconfig.conf
[root at mhs21a ~]# /etc/init.d/cgconfig start
Starting cgconfig service:                                 [  OK  ]
[root at mhs21a ~]# virsh -c lxc:///
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - vm1                  shut off

virsh # start vm1
error: Failed to start domain vm1
error: Failed to read pid file /var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such
file or directory

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
  - vm1                  shut off

virsh #

So now we need to deal with two issue:
    - One we need to decide , ( is it neccessary to stop libvirt before
creating cgroup ?)
    - How container can be started using cgroup ?

-Rishi