[libvirt] Re: Libvir Xen and domain events

Christopher Pyper chris at vmdevlabs.com
Wed Oct 14 16:46:11 UTC 2009

Daniel,

Thanks for the fast response.

I have actually tried the script you were referring too, and it was
actually the basis of my tests.  I can't get the script to function
either:

[root at node1 pyper]# python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Jul 27 2009, 17:56:30)
 >>> import libvirt
 >>> vc = libvirt.open('xen:///')
 >>> vc.getFreeMemory()
7521595392L
 >>> vc.listDomainsID()
[0, 4, 33, 44, 46, 47, 48]

[root at node1 pyper]# ./event-test.py xen:///
Using uri:xen:///
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./event-test.py", line 93, in myRemoveHandle
     mypoll.unregister(h_fd)
KeyError: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./event-test.py", line 93, in myRemoveHandle
     mypoll.unregister(h_fd)
KeyError: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./event-test.py", line 93, in myRemoveHandle
     mypoll.unregister(h_fd)
KeyError: 0
.
.
.
.

Although, it does run fine with the default URI of qemu:///, it does
not catch any events when I test.  The physical server I am testing on
works great, and has many virtual domains running on it.  I am able to
use -- and have used -- Libvirt every way imaginable to manipulate
those virtual domains.  Everything works fine with the Libvirt Python
API and Xen, with the exception of event handling.

Cheers.

Chris Pyper