[libvirt] node device libudev backend second look

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 16:52:49 UTC 2009

Attached is a patch against the current head containing an
implementation of node device enumeration using libudev.  It is complete
except for the monitor, but I'm submitting it now as I have a few
questions about the implementation that I'd like advice on.  They are
marked XXX in comments in the patch.

The other thing that's not clear to me is how the code generates the
tree structure for nodedev-list --tree.  I'm setting the parent pointer
to what I think is correct, but the tree output is broken.  I can dig
through it until I understand it, but if anyone is familiar with the
implementation and would be willing to take a few minutes to walk me
through it, it would save me a bunch of time.

I think it's also important that people get the code installed on a
variety of systems as soon as possible to shake out the inevitable bugs
that will arise from differing device models and code versions, and I'll
have the final version with the monitor shortly.

Dave