[libvirt] error: unable to connect to '/usr/local/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': Connection refused

Ryota Ozaki ozaki.ryota at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:28:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Liu, Zhentao
<Zhentao.Liu at fokus-extern.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi, ozaki
>
> Thank you for your reply. As you said, libvirtd is not running. I have
> tested, there was error:

> root at forest:/var/run/libvirt# libvirtd start

The argument is wrong. see libvirtd --help

> libvir: Network Config error : cannot create bridge 'virbr0': File exists

The virbr0 is probably create by old libvirtd on its startup. The most
easy way to
avoid the problem is just removing it (brctl delbr virbr0), although
it may remain
some runtime files of libvirtd somewhere under /var/.

> 12:34:30.525: warning : qemudStartup:521 : Unable to create cgroup for
> driver: No such device or address
> 12:34:30.598: warning : lxcStartup:1460 : Unable to create cgroup for
> driver: No such device or address

You can ignore them unless you certainly want to use cgroup.

  ozaki-r