[libvirt] Xenner status

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Oct 21 19:30:39 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:45:22PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me if RHEL-6 is planned to have support for Xenner?
>> Will this be built into qemu?  Otherwise what are options for using
>> Xenner with RHEL-5?  We want to run both KVM and Xen guests managed by
>> KVM hypervisor.
>>

> Xenner as it has been is mostly a proof of concept. Gerd has been doing
> work to merge Xenner into QEMU itself, but I believe he has that on
> hold while more important changes are done. So I don't know when Xenner
> might be fully merged. It certainly won't be in RHEL5/6, since it is
> just a proof of concept at this stage, not enterprise quality maturity
>

> Daniel

I ask about Xenner because of what I saw in announcement of RHEL 5.4 in
this article:
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/09/red-hat-moves-forward-with-kvm-virtualization-in-rhel-54.ars
It implied that Xenner was available for 5.4 and therefore I assumed it
would be in RHEL-6 as well.  So I guess from what you are saying is that
it won't be officially supported but would be available at are own risk.

Gerry