[libvirt] how can dst know that migration is over?

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 10:26:41 UTC 2009

When migrating a domain from src to dst, it first appears 'suspended' at
the dst. When it's 'running', higher-level management can tell that
migration is done.

However, when bugzilla.redhat.com/519204 is fixed, I can no longer count
on that - migrated domain may still be suspended at the destination.

So how can I tell, at the destination, that migration is over? I could
add higher-level communication from src to dst, but I am reluctant to
add another failure mode. I'd rather have libvirt tell me, "hey
migration is done".

btw, does src libvirt verify with dst libvirt that migration is
successful? src qemu can be oblivious of dst qemu not receiving the last
packet correctly.

Regards,

Dan.