[libvirt] Restore after restart libvirtd

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Fri Oct 30 13:15:37 UTC 2009

2009/10/30 Chris Lalancette <clalance at redhat.com>:
> Diego Woitasen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  I 'm playing with save/restore domains. It's working, but if I
>> restart libvirtd after 'save domain file' and then try to restore it I
>> get:
>>
>> error: Failed to restore domain from /tmp/domain.out
>> error: operation failed: domain 'domainname' is already defined with
>> uuid 17c77406-b6e3-621a-1fae-420affce8f48
>>
>> If I move domainname.xml out of libvirt config. directory it works,
>> but I think this should not be necessary.
>
> No, that's definitely not necessary, so something is wrong.  I just tried the
> same thing on the head of libvirt git, and it worked just fine:
>
> # ./daemon/libvirtd --verbose --listen
> # ./tools/virsh save <guest> /tmp/foo.save
> # <kill libvirtd>
> # ./daemon/libvirtd --verbose --listen
> # ./tools/virsh restore /tmp/foo.save
>
> What version of libvirt are you using?  What are the exact steps you are taking
> to try this out?
>
> --
> Chris Lalancette

# /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd --version
/usr/local/sbin/libvirtd (libvirt) 0.7.2
# /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd -d
# virsh start MyDomain
Domain MyDomain started

# virsh save MyDomain /tmp/MyDomain.state
Domain MyDomain saved to /tmp/MyDomain.state

# killall libvirtd
# /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd -d
# virsh restore /tmp/MyDomain.state
error: Failed to restore domain from /tmp/MyDomain.state
error: operation failed: domain 'MyDomain' is already defined with
uuid 88709ecf-c60f-f57f-385d-3f3bd09ba040

--
Diego Woitasen