[libvirt] Miscellaneous fixes to build with -Werror

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 07:16:11 UTC 2009

Charles Duffy wrote:
> HACKING suggests compiling with --enable-compile-warnings=error before
> submitting any patches; however, current master fails for me on this
> account (CentOS 5.3; gcc 4.1.2).
>
> Please see attached. I suspect most of these should be uncontroversial
> -- but wonder if perhaps virStrcpy uses would be better converted to
> virStrcpyStatic rather than adding virStrcpy to the symbol list as done

That's not possible in general.  The problem with virStrcpyStatic is that it
*has* to be a macro, and not only that, the users *have* to know that
sizeof(src) returns something meaningful.  Some callers do not, and cannot,
provide for that, so those callsites have to use virStrcpy.  I think adding it
to the symbol table will have to suffice, although I'm curious about warnings
themselves (since I compiled on RHEL-5.4 yesterday, and don't remember seeing
any warnings at all).  Can you post the warnings that you are seeing?

--
Chris Lalancette