[libvirt] Release schedule ... 0.8.0 coming

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 16:48:14 UTC 2010

  Okay, since the snapshot API is in I suggest to start the freeze
toward the 0.8.0 release. There is still 3 things I think we should
look at and allow:

  1/ the very large cleanup patch set from Matthias, as this should not
     break anything (isn't it :-)
  2/ the nwfilter IP detection code, it still need a review, I didn't
     do it, libpcap intimidates me a bit, but I think I can be
     convinced.
  3/ an ESX snapshot support if Matthias (or someone else !) manage to
     write one in the next days

2/ and 3/ sound fairly contained and about a new functionalitry in this
release so the risk of breaking an existing feature is very limited.

  So hopefully we can ship 0.8.0 by the end of the week-end, now we need
testing testing testing :-)

  Thanks !