[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Re: Libvirt debug API

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 21:30:13 UTC 2010

On 04/09/2010 03:06 PM, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> I think this alteration of existing args is faaaar too complex & fragile,
>> and way overkill.
>
> Would it not be simpler, for the target audience, for the config to
> contain a one-line shell script to transform particular matched
> arguments in any way that's wanted?

Yeah, having the ability to specify an optional wrapper script, that
receives the name of the normal interpreter and all the arguments the
normal interpreter would have been given, sounds like the ultimate in
flexibility at a minimum of xml.  It comes at the expense of pushing the
burden of flexibility onto the shoulders of whoever writes the wrapper
script, but that seems okay to me.