[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Re: Libvirt debug API

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Apr 11 20:28:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 10:06:51PM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > I think this alteration of existing args is faaaar too complex & fragile,
> > and way overkill.
>
> Would it not be simpler, for the target audience, for the config to
> contain a one-line shell script to transform particular matched
> arguments in any way that's wanted?

I might be missing something but I thought you could already do this
in current libvirt.  ie. Change the <emulator> element [1] to point to
your shell script:

  <emulator>/usr/local/bin/my-qemu-wrapper.sh</emulator>

The wrapper should get called with the command line arguments and you
can alter them however you like.

Isn't that right, Dan?

Rich.

[1] http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsDevices