[libvirt] BUG: attaching - detaching network device only works 7 times

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 17:06:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 01:00:08PM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote on 04/15/2010 12:48:59
> PM:
>
> > Please respond to "Daniel P. Berrange"
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:19:48PM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:
> > > "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote on 04/15/2010
> 07:50:51
> > > AM:

> > > work
> the
> see
> > > any
> > >
> > > no code there that ever decreases nb_nic, so unplug doesn't seem to be
>
> > > supported
> > >
> > > Would it be worth having such a simple test in libvirt repository
> itself
> > > or is that a case for the TCK project?
> >
> > Yep, this is perfect candidate for a TCK test case. Take the
> 210-nic-hotplug.t
> > test case, and make it attempt to plug+unplug a NIC 35 times in a row.
> This
> > should test this particular bug, and also validate that PCI addresses
> are
> > being reused correctly (there're only 31 pci slots that can be used at
> any
> > 1 time)
>
> another idea ... how about a daily 'weather report' from the Tck test
> suite sent to the mailing list?

We'd certainly like to get that going some time. It can optionally output
the results in both HTML and XML formats. Our long term plan is to have
a wide variety of OS, hypervisors + libvirt versions being tested and
collating reports for them all.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|