[libvirt] unable to set security context (NFSv4 problem?)

Spencer Shimko spencer at beyondabstraction.net
Fri Apr 16 14:38:59 UTC 2010

Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 04/15/10 22:06, Spencer Shimko wrote:
>
>> What is security_driver set to in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf?
>>

> It is not set at all. AFAICS there is no man page for qemu.conf,
> but according to KISS I had assumed that the security_driver
> stuff is disabled by default. Is it?

According to the comments in qemu.conf on Fedora, if SELinux is enabled
on the host then security_driver defaults to selinux.  This is probably
the case on Debian too.

>> Out of curiosity, are you using the SELinux support in Debian?
>>

> For both NFS client and server:
>
> selinux is enabled in the kernel. Debian's libselinux1 package
> is installed, too, because it seems to be an essential dependency
> for other packages. There are no selinux policies set up, and the
> selinux-basics package is not installed, either.
>
> Would you suggest to rebuild the kernel without selinux?

Run /usr/sbin/sestatus to reliably check the status of SELinux on your
system.  If it reports "SELinux status: enabled" try setting the
security_driver field to "none".

--Spencer

(Apologies for any thread butchery that has occurred.  My initial
response was from the wrong email account and didn't hit the list as a
result.)