[libvirt] iface-list command in virsh

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 19 21:08:00 UTC 2010

2010/4/19 Dev.Atom <arnaud.champion at devatom.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to list physical interface of a remote tcp host via the C API and
> it fails. I have tried to use virsh iface-list in remote TCP connection and
> it fails also. I have trying on the libvirt host with my normal account and
> it fails also, but when I connect under root account on the libvirt host,
> iface-list works. Any clue ?

The current interface driver used in combination with libvirtd is
nefcf [1] based. If your libvirt is compiled without netcf then there
will be no interface support for QEMU, Xen and so on.

You'll also need to have a distro (e.g. Fedora) that supports netcf or
is supported by netcf, because netcf handles the interface
configuration files and those are in different locations of have other
distro dependent differences.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/netcf/

Matthias