[libvirt] Documentation for synchronous hooks

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 06:49:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 08:42:12PM -0400, Jintao Yang wrote:
> hi DV, I saw the changelog of 0.7.8, which told the hooks scripts are supported. but is it took away in 0.8.0-4?
>
> [root at dhcp-66-70 libvirt]# rpm -ql libvirt | grep etc
> /etc/libvirt
> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
[...]
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/libvirtd
> /etc/sysconfig/libvirtd
> [root at dhcp-66-70 libvirt]# rpm -q libvirt
> libvirt-0.8.0-4.el6.x86_64

  Hum, no, the support is there, but we don't create the /etc/directory
nor provide any example file. I should do that before 0.8.1, good point.
But the support is there, if you create the directory and add some
scripts, then killall -HUP libvirtd it should rescan the directory
and use the scripts if found.