[libvirt] Creating multiple network interfaces in libvirt Domain.

Kumar L Srikanth-B22348 B22348 at freescale.com
Wed Apr 28 08:56:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

I want to create a Domain with two interfaces. I am using LXC hypervisor
in the libvirt.

My domain XML is shown below:

<domain type='lxc' id='1'>

  <name>srikanth_vm2</name>

    <memory>500000</memory>

      <os>

          <type>exe</type>

          <init>/bin/sh</init>

      </os>

      <vcpu>1</vcpu>

      <clock offset='utc'/>

      <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>

      <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>

      <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>

      <devices>

        <emulator>/usr/libexec/libvirt_lxc</emulator>

        <filesystem type='mount'>

          <source dir='/root/lxc/fedora1'/>

          <target dir='/'/>

        </filesystem>

        <interface type='network'>

          <source network='default'/>

        </interface>

        <interface type='network'>

          <source network='default'/>

        </interface>

        <console type='pty' />

      </devices>

</domain>

I am able to define the Domain. But, I am not able to start the Domain.
While starting the domain, I am getting the following error:

error: Failed to start domain srikanth_vm2

error: internal error Failed to create veth device pair: 512

Can you please let me know where I am going wrong?

Regards,

Srikanth.