[libvirt] Plan for a 0.8.1 by end of next week

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 15:35:29 UTC 2010

  Checking git history since the release of 0.8.0, I'm seeing an
impressive set of bug fixes and cleanups, and relatively few actual
features changes. So I think it's sensible to try to make a new release
0.8.1 basically a 0.8.0 fixed version, and in a relatively short
timeframe. To try to realign with our initial goal of releasing on
Friday at the end of the month, I suggest we plan to make 0.8.1 by
next Friday, the 30th April. Having a release with the snapshot feature
fixed would IMHO suffice to justify this release, but git history
right now makes a good case for such an early push.

  So unless we get serious objections, I suggest to continue
the bug fixing trend, limit features commit next week and, have
a cleaned up 0.8.1 available end of next week.