[libvirt] NUMA cell?

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 17:03:32 UTC 2010

On 08/05/10 - 06:47:08PM, adrian wyssen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question regarding the documentation of libvirt. There is a
> structure called 'virNodeInfo' and in the doc, you speak about NUMA cell. I

A NUMA cell in libvirt terms is a NUMA node in other terms.  Unfortunately
the word "node" is horribly overloaded in libvirt, so we choose another name.

> was wondering what that is. And what do you understand by 'the number of
> threads per core'?

For processors that support hyperthreading, this is the number of hyperthreads
they have per core.  On a machine that doesn't support hyperthreading, this
will be 1.

--
Chris Lalancette