[libvirt] Possible documentation enhancement

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Aug 9 09:48:45 UTC 2010

On 08/09/2010 07:02 PM, Daniel Kraft wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to add hooks on a node and didn't succeed. The error
> message was:
>
> Hook script execution failed: Hook script /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu qemu
> failed with error code 256:libvir: error : cannot execute binary
> /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu: Permission denied
>
> After reading the whole relevant src/utils code without finding any
> reason for this, I found out that it was apparmor's fault.
>
> So maybe there's a profile for the hooks missing (at least in ubuntu's
> packaging). And maybe there's room in the hook-docs for a hint about that.

Ahhh, good point.  Not personally being a user of AppArmour, it didn't
occur to me to consider that. ;)

Do you know the exact steps you took to allow the hook scripts to work
through AppArmor?  (hoping for exact commands here)

If you do, then we'll add them to the hooks documentation. :)

(SELinux may also need a similar thing, which should be looked into as well)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift