[libvirt] Libvirt storage api and lvm .cache issue

Thomas Graves tgraves at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Aug 9 21:25:21 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am using the libvirt storage api with LVM storage on rhel5 with xen and I
noticed that when using the api to create/delete lv's they get added to
/etc/lvm/cache/.cache  but old deleted ones never get removed from the
.cache.  This causes dmeventd to keep trying to access them but can't which
fills up the logs in /var/log.

Has anyone seen this or have a fix for it?  I guess I could force a vgscan
or something to clean it up just seems like I shouldn't need to.

Thanks,
Tom