[libvirt] Libvirt storage api and lvm .cache issue

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Aug 9 21:52:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 02:25:21PM -0700, Thomas Graves wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using the libvirt storage api with LVM storage on rhel5 with xen and I
> noticed that when using the api to create/delete lv's they get added to
> /etc/lvm/cache/.cache  but old deleted ones never get removed from the
> .cache.  This causes dmeventd to keep trying to access them but can't which
> fills up the logs in /var/log.
>
> Has anyone seen this or have a fix for it?  I guess I could force a vgscan
> or something to clean it up just seems like I shouldn't need to.

Not sure why this would happen. When deleting LV's in libvirt, we simply
call our to lvremove, which I assume would clear up .cache entries.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|