[libvirt] cygwin: #include netinet/inet.h -- needed only on cygwin

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 18:30:08 UTC 2010

On 08/17/2010 12:12 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>>> Ideally we can get GNULIB to fix it
>
> Well, gnulib does not yet offer any replacements for the <rpc/....h>
> headers, in part because they are not standardized by POSIX.  That's
> certainly a larger task than just working around it for now in libvirt.
>
> I could not reproduce the failure with the latest cygwin:
> cygwin               1.7.6-1        OK

An additional note - cygwin only integrated native rpc support as of
1.7.4; if you are using something older, then you must have been using a
bolt-on package.  But the general gnulib philosophy with regards to
cygwin tends to be that if a bug is cygwin-specific and has been fixed
upstream in cygwin, it is easier to tell people to upgrade to the latest
cygwin than to write a hack for a one-off version of an open platform
(bug fixes for more closed platforms, like mingw or MacOS, where we have
less control over how fast or even if a patch is likely to be
forth-coming, take priority).