[libvirt] virsh create and virsh dumpxml certain code location

benian bestwish.happiness at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 02:57:25 UTC 2010

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply!

I use xm create to create a tap2 disk and it works well

disk = [ 'tap2:vhd:/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12,hda,w']

but virsh dumpxml can't get anything about the disk

After i apply the patch, i can catch <disk> information by virsh dumpxml
but it seems that it only recognize "tap" only but not tap2

<disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='tap' type='vhd'/>
      <source file='/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
</disk>

Afterwards i try to use this xml file to virsh create VM  and  no active
disk is found.

Moreover, if i change driver name='tap' to 'tap2' in xml myself,  virsh
seems doesn't support this type and raise error :

error: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err
'Error creating domain: Block device type "tap2" is invalid.'

Should i modify the dumpxml and create  function if i want to enable
tap2:vhd ??
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ben