[libvirt] virsh create and virsh dumpxml certain code location

benian bestwish.happiness at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 04:06:19 UTC 2010

Hi Jim,
Thank 's your patch!

After applying the V2 patch, guestVM with tap2 driver-name in xml can be
created and works well!!

    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='tap2' type='vhd'/>
      <source file='/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12-2'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
    </disk>

But dumpxml to the corresponding guestVM still get driver name='tap'
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='tap' type='vhd'/>
      <source file='/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12-2'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
    </disk>

I am trying to chase the variable   "def->driverName" located in
src/domain_conf.c:5452:  virBufferVSprintf(buf, " name='%s'",
def->driverName);
to find out why dumpxml still get wrong name

Any hints will be very helpful for me
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ben