[libvirt] KVM doesn't send an arp announce after live migrating a domain

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Aug 25 13:12:27 UTC 2010

> libvirt doesn't set a policy for this. It provides an API for
> configuring host networking, but we don't override the kernel's
> forward delay policy, since we don't presume that all bridges
> are going to have VMs attached. In any case the API isn't available
> for Debian yet, since no one has ported netcf to Debian,

"Patches welcome!" (as are questions/suggestions/complaints/sarcastic
taunts/etc) :-)

https://fedorahosted.org/netcf/

If you look in the mailing list archives, you'll find a couple of
messages from people porting netcf to other Linux distributions
(although none has gotten to the point of a patch submitted for
pushing). It would be really great to see netcf running on other
platforms, as all the iface-* functionality in libvirt (and thus
virt-manager) would magically start working on that platform).