[libvirt] make syntax-check -> make: *** [sc_check_author_list] Error 1 on libvirt-0.8.5

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 11:14:47 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010, at 9:03 PM, Kenneth Nagin wrote:
> I am receiving syntax error when compiling libvirt-0.8.5.
> However, make without syntax-check completes successfully.

Interesting.  There was a problem with make syntax-check that was patched last
night, after the 0.8.6 release.

Are you able to test the hourly source code snapshot, and see if it works for you
there?

  http://libvirt.org/sources/libvirt-git-snapshot.tar.gz

If you can, and the error still crops up, then it's a new one we need to look at.
Otherwise it's already been fixed in the source, your choice of which source
tarball version you want to then use. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift