[libvirt] VolumeCreateXML "XML" description for ESX

Sherif Nagy sherif.nagy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:04:12 UTC 2010

Great ! it did pass the error of directory/file thank you for the support
now i have another problem of creating the VMDK image with this XML

and error

libvir: ESX error : internal error Could not create volume
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1116, in
createXML
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virStorageVolCreateXML() failed',
pool=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error Could not create volume

may be it is an ESX server side problem or i am still missing or messing up
something ?

Regards,
sherif