[libvirt] Release of libvirt 0.8.6

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Fri Dec 3 06:22:13 UTC 2010

On 12/02/2010 03:03 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 10.58 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange ha
> scritto:
>> I think this is really viable, because it implies we need another
>> week prior to creating the pre-release where we do what we currently
>> do with pre-release stabalization.
>
> Note that I said “one week or less”.

Less? I'm not sure if everybody can react that fast. I mean there is
more to life than just: uh, new libvirt is out. I have to drop
everything and test it; j/k :)

>>  - A official list of supported platforms / OS combinations
>>  - Run a test build on each combination before release
>>  - Actually follow the 'bug fixes' only rule leading upto release
>>    no matter how simple the new feature might appear.
>
> And let me guess that the "supported platforms" are going to be mostly
> RedHat&co.? Why not warning the rest of the packagers, so that each run
> their tests?

This seems to be perfectly fine. You, ehm guys, can't possibly to test
every flavor of GNU/Linux. So it seems to be pretty much okay to me.
It's up to community around each GNU/Linux distribution to do their own
testing.

Just my $0.02USD

Zdenek

--