[libvirt] building fails with 0.8.6 and snapshot

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:13:53 UTC 2010

2010/12/10 Dominik Klein <dk at in-telegence.net>:
> hi.
>
> i am trying to build 0.8.6 but this fails due to the lack of macvtap
> enabled in my kernel. i won't use it, so i don't care, but even if i
> disable it, build won't work. apparently, thats a known bug, according
> to https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-December/msg00034.html

Yes, and it's fixed in git.

> so now i am trying to build a snapshot
>
> but it also fails during "make rpm", specifically during make check in
> "tests". commandtest.c fails and I cannot find out why. here's the log:
> http://pastebin.com/rVPNDpS6

make rpm builds from a tarball generated by make dist.

    /usr/src/packages/BUILD/libvirt-0.8.6/tests/commanddata/test16.log

is missing in the tarball because the whole commanddata directory is
not marked for distribution in tests/Makefile.am.

This is easy to fix, but right now I've no time to fix it myself, so
somebody else might post a patch to fix this before me :)

Matthias