[libvirt] API break from the VMware player driver

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 18:34:42 UTC 2010

All,
     I'll preface this by saying that I'm not 100% sure I'm correct.  But I
still think there may be an API break that was introduced with the VMware
player driver.  In include/libvirt/virterror.h, VIR_FROM_VMWARE was added to
the *middle* of the enum for virErrorDomain.  If any clients of libvirt happen
to be using hardcoded numbers, then they will now have the wrong number for
everything after VIR_FROM_VMWARE.

Looking back through the history of virErrorDomain, it doesn't seem like this
is the first time this has happened.  What's the thinking with virErrorDomain?
Part of the API, or up to the clients to properly use the named enums?

--
Chris Lalancette