[libvirt] Anyone interested in forming a libvirt "docs" team?

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Wed Dec 22 07:50:36 UTC 2010

On 12/21/2010 05:50 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 21/12/2010, at 10:32 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>> Hello Justin,
>>
>> could you be more specific, please? How to put it. Your e-mail is too
>> ambiguous for me :)
>
> Heh, no worries.  I often talk in general terms first. :)
>
> The email response to Anthony, sent a few minutes ago, has more detail.
>
> I know there's a lot of demand for better documentation in libvirt, and
> other Open Source projects around have gotten together teams/groups of people
> who's main mission is to improving their documentation/manuals/learning
> materials (and so on).
>
> So, I reckon we see about doing the same thing for libvirt.  Looks like
> there are people willing to pitch in, so I guess it's now a matter of figuring out
> what needs to be done, who's interested in doing what, and so on.
>
> If we need a libvirt-docs mailing list too, that can be done without too much
> effort, but not sure it's needed just yet.  (open to suggestions :))
>
> Hmmm, that email reply to Anthony should probably be copied to the wiki
> and we can expand on it from there. :)
>
> Is this the kind of detail you're after Zdenek?
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Yes Justin, your reply to Anthony is just fine. Exactly where I wanted
to push it, although I could be less ambiguous myself :)

As for documentation in HTML. How about to write parser which would
download pages from wiki, cut eg. menu, footer => garbage off, and
replace it with whatever you want and like? I have to say I haven't seen
documentation shipped with libvirt [heh?! :) ], but since you say it's
HTML and Wiki output *is* HTML ... hm? Just an idea.

Have a nice day,
Zdenek

--
Zdenek Styblik