[libvirt] Back and suggested release schedule

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 17:41:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 09:12:30PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 01:32:55PM +0100, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> > Il giorno mer, 22/12/2010 alle 19.30 +0800, Daniel Veillard ha scritto:
> > > maybe we ought
> > > to make a new release at the end of the month to try to catch possible
> > > regressions introduced as early as possible.
> >
> > I'd suggest making a release candidate, rather than a release for now.
> > As per the version, I'd go for 0.8.7 myself, after all the version
> > should be intended more for users than developers, and there is no
> > requirement to change, e.g. configuration files.
>
>   Okay for version 0.8.7 makes more sense.
> But I don't see what a release candidate brings that is not available
> from ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-git-snapshot.tar.gz

I think a release candidate tarball would help get the message out
that we are about to release.  The existence of the RC tarball is
itself notice that things are not expected to change, so everybody
should try to test it.  The snapshots always exist with the same name,
so one can't just keep an eye out for a new candidate.

Dave