[libvirt] Kvm virtualization vs emulation

acue at i4p.com acue at i4p.com
Mon Dec 27 12:23:56 UTC 2010

Hello Radek,
what I am proposing is not closely related to libvirt, but solves your problem
configurable choice-by-choice.

I have a OpenSource-Project, which currently just uses commandline calls.
The utility therefore scans during each call either for available executables,
or uses configured pathnames from a configuration file for QEMU
and KVM.

What it does is e.g. the storage of automatically created configuration
files (created by ctys-createConfVM), which contains the actual call of the
executable, including the specific CPU-ARCH.

So you can install KVM support and QEMU with full scope of CPUs, and fix
within the defined ASCII configuration file to use a specific QEMU executable,
in addition the variant of the CPU. A too for the scan and check of actual
operation state for all available QEMU-executables and KVM(ctys-plugins) is
contained too.

The installed online-help is available too at:
http://www.UnifiedSessionsManager.org
http://www.unifiedsessionsmanager.eu/doc/en/html/doc.html

For various configuration Use-Cases related to QEMU/KVM refer to:
http://www.unifiedsessionsmanager.org/doc/en/html/man7/ctys-configuration-QEMU.html

These comprise standard linux examples by KVM and embedded emulation
examples for:
->QEMU-arm-test
->QEMU-coldfire-test
->QNX-6.4.0

->Android
->MeeGo

The virlib is in current version just used by virsh for Xen.

Arno

 Arno-Can Uestuensoez

 www.i4p.com