[libvirt] Failures in existing qemu domain save/restore.

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Sun Feb 21 14:26:18 UTC 2010

After running a bunch more tests, I am now noticing failures in domain
save/restore *without* my patch (ie sources built straight from git),
not 100% in either case (with or without patches), and the same saved
domain sometimes fails to restore and sometimes is successful. (Most of
the time (but not all), when I try to restore a domain immediately after
a save, it fails, but if I then force shutdown of that failed restore
and restore again from the same file, it succeeds.

(Note that this is all to/from a local disk - it's not related to NFS)

Is there a known problem in domain save/restore? Is anyone else seeing
any failures?