[libvirt] libvirt/dnsmasq integration.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 15:19:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 02:34:53PM +0000, Simon Kelley wrote:
[...]
> Does that make sense? It's a long and involved explanation to come to
> cold. I fear I may have over-simplified what libvirt is doing with
> dnsmasq, in which case please enlighten me and I'll modify my scheme to
> take that into account. If this looks good I can easily have the
> necessary dnsmasq changes in the next release.

I read through it and it makes sense to me.

The only thing: is /etc/dnsmasq.d a true standard across all distros?
It is for Fedora, but an old Debian distro I use does not have this
directory.

Is '/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart' a reliable way to restart the system
dnsmasq across all distros?  (Perhaps 'service dnsmasq restart' is
better?).

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/