[libvirt] Query regarding no_verify in uri

Sharadha Prabhakar (3P) sharadha.prabhakar at citrix.com
Fri Feb 26 17:14:47 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,
I've submitted my XenAPI driver in 2parts before sometime with all the
changes you had suggested. The following is possibly the only one that's not
handled.

> +    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
> +    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, data);
> +    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, len);
> +    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
> +    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

>You shouldn't disable SSL verification here. It should be on by default.
>For consistency with other libvirt drivers, you may wish to allow your
>xenapi:///  uri to have an optional  'no_verify=1' parameter to turn
>off SSL verification. It should always be verifying by default though.

For now I have enabled verify SSL. I'm not sure about how libvirt hands
Over the no_verify=1 part that the user types in the URI to my driver.
virDrvOpen only receives the URI  elements from 'conn' parameter.
I couldn't find this information embedded in 'conn'?
Could you explain how to get this information?
Regards,
Sharadha