[libvirt] virsh -c xen:/// list: = Connection refused

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jan 1 17:56:42 UTC 2010

I'm running the 2.6.31.6 pv_ops dom0 kernel, libvirt 0.7.0 and Xen 3.4.1.

When I try connecting to the Xen hypervisor using virsh it gives me a
"Connection refused":

root at grp-01-23-02:~# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1020     4     r-----
858.3

root at grp-01-23-02:~# virsh -c xen:/// list
Connecting to uri: xen:///
error: unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

How can I get virsh to connect with Xen?

-Gerry