[libvirt] Supporting vhost-net and macvtap in libvirt for QEMU

Stefan Berger stefanb at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 25 18:42:31 UTC 2010

libvir-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 01/25/2010 12:52:37 PM:

> > and in the guest:
> >
> > <interface type='direct'>
> > <source physical='eth0'>
> > </interface>
>
> I like the simplicity of just having this in the guest XML and a way
> to just indicate macvlan vs macvtap somehow.

I'd rather push the physical device out of the guest XML into a referenced
XML, i.e., network XML, so that VM migration can be agnostic of what the
local configuraton of the system is, whether it's 'eth0' or 'eth1' or
whatever else it may be on different hosts.

   Stefan

http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|