[libvirt] Fwd: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu-kvm-0.12 bug?

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 4 14:22:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 13:57 +0100, Thomas Treutner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new parameter in qemu-0.12 required for virtio_balloon support. Is
> there an appropriate XML-entry in libvirt's domain config yet or any plans to
> introduce one? A quick googling for "libvirt balloon" didn't reveal any
> hints.

When developing this feature, I did the same search and came up
empty-handed.  This does need to be done.  Is anyone working on it?

> Adam, how did you test the memstat reporting feature?

I was able to test this by using a qemu wrapper script:

   #!/bin/bash
   exec /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -balloon virtio "$@"

and by using the following emulator tag domain xml file:

   <emulator>/home/aglitke/images/qemu-wrapper.sh</emulator>

--
Thanks,
Adam