[libvirt] fix build failure with --disable-shared

Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:51:14 UTC 2010

Il giorno gio, 07/01/2010 alle 21.29 +0100, Jim Meyering ha scritto:

> But --disable-shared is useful, and your change broke it.

On the usefulness of that I have generally a lot to say, but that's
another topic.

> As such, I can't see how you would be using --disable-shared.

Very simple: ./configure --disable-shared --without-python

> Does the proposed patch cause you any difficulty?
> If so, please tell us what/how, or propose an alternate patch.

Without my patch you're building (and installing) an useless file with
the default configuration (--enable-shared). And _pretending_ to build
Python bindings (that will never work even the slightest) with the
configuration you suggested (--disable-shared --with-python).

Your really can't get it both ways.

As Daniel (Berrange) said, the other option is to check whether shared
libraries are enabled by libtool and either disable Python bindings or
bail out earlier (configure rather than make) with the impossible
combination of no-shared-libraries but-python-bindings.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/